Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tournament Round 3, Match 2 - (1) Bikes vs. (3) Hybrid Vehicles

Again, sorry for the delay. Hopefully things will get back on track now, at least until the end of the tournament.

Bikes

Positive News Stories (20 out of 30)
Hm! I'm really surprised at what I found when I started searching for 'bike' in the news search. There are actually some pretty interesting things going on with bikes. While many of these news stories are really nothing groundbreaking, the fact that they continue to make headlines shows that there is continued interest in biking, at least in the US.

I read stories about bike taxi companies, stories about teaching kids with developmental disabilities how to ride bikes, stories about bike cops, and stories about bike summits. All in all, I'd say people are pretty interested in biking still and I don't see this as a trend that will be ending any time soon.

Negative News Stories (-3 out of -30)
I really can't say much bad about biking. I searched and I searched, but the worst stories I could find were about people stealing bikes. I did, however read an article about the same biking summit that I mentioned in the previous paragraph, except this story was told from a negative point of view. Check it out here. It's pretty interesting to see the other side of the same story. Regardless, I couldn't find too many people that were all that upset with bikes or any negative environmental consequences of the increased use of bikes in this country.

User Comments (4 out of 20)
Bikes. Word. In that I mean that 'Bikes' is a single word.

Tomorrow we'll continue to explore the world of Hybrid Vehicles. Can another #1 seed be knocked out by an underdog?? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment