Friday, January 15, 2010

Green Tip #64: Forced Vegetarianism

Unlike many other environmental-type people, I've never tried being vegetarian, mostly because meat is just so tasty. I mean, you put a bacon cheeseburger in front of me and you'd better make sure your fingers are out of the way, otherwise I might just bite those off. But I do respect those of you who do choose to not eat meat. I mean, it does take a lot of earth's natural resources to raise livestock and chickens and all those things. So what is the environmentally conscious person with no willpower and an appetite for pork rinds supposed to do?

I'll tell you in Green Tip #64! I realized this last night while I was brushing my teeth. I was trying to think of something that would make brushing your teeth more Green (there's not much I could think of shy of not using water or not doing it altogether) when I realized that not doing it altogether would help out in other ways. Let's say you never brush your teeth for the rest of your life. Pretty soon your teeth will rot away and fall out. And you (by you I mean me), being a 20-something college student, would never consider getting dentures because you're too young. Well pretty soon, you'll be stuck eating only things that have the consistency of applesauce or less.

That certainly rules out anything meat-based. I mean, all you can eat in this case would be pudding or rice or other squishy things. I guess you could eat meat milkshakes, but um... gross... Just stay away from JELLO, it's made from animal bones. Yeah, weird huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment