Friday, August 28, 2009

Green Tip #24: "Xixi no Banho"

Quite some time ago, I wrote about the negative aspects of outsourcing and how in turn, the countries in the Western Hemisphere should be owed half a day's worth of sunlight in order to save electricity at night. Well, as you might remember, I came down maybe just a little bit hard on the countries that the US typically outsources to. So now, in an effort to be fair and balanced, I thought I would share with you a tip that actually came from overseas.

So, a short while ago, I came across an article about an ad campaign that Brazilian environmental group, SOS Mata Atlantica, is airing on television. It shocked me that they were doing this campaign, because it was so bizarre that I actually considered writing about it in one of the Green Tips. I guess that's what I get for saving good ideas for special occasions; someone in Brazil will beat me to the punch.

Anyway, this unusual ad campaign features the slogan "Xixi no Banho," which, for those of you who are fluent in Portuguese will know means "Pee in the shower." Now, Green Tip #24 is not, as you might imagine, telling you to pee in the shower. I neither endorse nor condemn peeing in the shower. Like religion, politics, and Coke vs. Pepsi, I believe that some decisions should be up to each individual person. Who am I to tell you where you should be peeing? (Just for now pretend you didn't read Green Tip #22. That was under different circumstances.)

No, Green Tip #24 is this: If Ever You Have a Good Green Idea, Share It On Your Blog Before Someone In Brazil Does It Before You. Okay, okay, I guess that in itself will not actually help the environment. But really, I guess it just comes down to me being upset that they got to it before me. So seize the moment if ever you get a good idea and make sure that you get credit for it. I mean just think, you could've been responsible for a couple million peeing in the shower.

... um... come to think of it, that's really gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment