Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Green Tip #10: Steal!

As I mentioned in one of my earlier Green Tips, writing pointless reports insulting fat people uses a whole lot of energy to power the computers, lights, AC/heating and microwaves used to heat up a Hot Pocket or a bowl of Ramen Noodles during a long night of "research." Well, after a very deep session of soul-searching, I've come to the conclusion that my writing extensive blog posts falls into somewhat the same category. (Minus the Ramen, blech!) All of the time that it takes me to think of good quality Green Tips burns an average of 14 lbs of coal* to power my laptop.

So instead, I choose just to share with you this news story that was referred to me. In esscence, Green Tip #10 is to borrow someone elses ideas. Remember, you're better off doing it this way, because they're obviously smarter than you if they thought of it first.

Here you go! Video courtesy of the Onion News Network and AOL (please don't sue, I just waived my university's legal fees for the semester!)

A note: This technique can be used to save time writing papers and/or master's thesises... theses... thesi? But remember the most important rule: it's not plagarism if you put quotes around it and cite your work at the end.

Another note: Combining this with Green Tip #2 and you're skating on thin ice. Veeeery thin ice...

Yet another note: Taco Bell in this case can be subsituted with Ramen noodles, which also contain no natural ingredients. Although really, can't you just pony up the extra 60 cents for Taco Bell?

*source: my extensive "research"

Unrelated: I'm going to try really hard to stick to a Tuesday/Friday schedule for updating new Green Tips. Don't hold me to it, though. I don't want to share bad tips with you all and I'm not exactly inspired on a fixed schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment