Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Green Tip #15: Be Careful of Everything

Well everyone, I think that you've had just a little bit too much time off between Green Tips and I just won't have that anymore. I mean, a week in between Green Tips is enough time for you to rediscover your self esteem. And if there's one thing that I've learned it's that the major force that drove the Green Movement in the past few years is fear that what you're doing is directly destroying any hope that your children will live in a world where they can breathe clean air and drink pure water. And if you think about it, this Green Movement and the one that occurred toward the end of the 1970's in the US (around the time of President Carter) happened when people were living with a lot of fear. The Vietnam War was wrapping up back then and we have terrorists and Iraq today. So me scaring you is good for the environment, as it makes you realize just how horrible of a person you truly are deep down inside.

So, before I get down from my soap box, let me just say one last thing. EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RUINING THE ENVIRONMENT! EVERY TIME YOU GET IN YOUR CAR OR TURN ON A LIGHT, IT'S JUST LIKE YOU SLIPPED SOME DATE RAPE DRUGS INTO MOTHER NATURE'S DRINK AND ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER!

Sorry about that. I know it was a little harsh. But sometimes I just have to say things like that to get through to people. But seriously. No, like, seriously seriously. For the first time since I started this, here's a legit Green Tip: Don't fall for supposedly "Green" products and services. A lot of marketing dollars have been put into making sure that products look greener than they are. They know better than anyone that, whether it's a fad or not, we're in the middle of a Green Movement and people will spend their money to be more environmentally friendly. And a lot of times they will try to scare you with doomsday scenarios to sell their products. Don't fall for these things! Just as with all products you buy, you need to make sure that you know the details. Take a look at this article, which talks about some green scams in recent years.

Green Scams

Be vigilant. Every time a scam like this works, it hurts the legitimacy of all the products made by people and companies that truly want to do the right thing. I know you're smarter than that. Do your homework.

Alright, the blog post is done, now stop using your computer you selfish Brown* person! Every kilowatt of electricity that you use is like another punch to Mother Nature's kidneys!

*Brown as in not Green. Please don't mistake what I'm saying, NAACP! I respect very much the contributions that African-Americans have done for society!

No comments:

Post a Comment